About the Program
The new DIA Storefront Façade Grant program will provide grant funding for the improvement of storefronts, and, if applicable, second story façades in the Downtown Jacksonville Historic District—located in the Northbank CRA—to activate the streetscape and the overall revitalization of Downtown Jacksonville. This program is focused on physical improvements to the exterior of buildings. Interested parties may receive funding at a maximum amount of $30 per square foot of eligible storefront façade. The grant is capped at 50% of eligible costs, with a maximum grant award of $75,000 per applicant.
In the Northbank CRA, limited initially to the area identified as the Downtown Jacksonville Historic District, as designated by the National Register of Historic Places Program.
- Meet with a qualified contractor and received a detailed cost estimate on work to be performed
- Submit completed application and required documents to DIAprograms@coj.net.
- Following review, applicant will be notified of (and is encouraged to attend) all DIA meetings where the application will be evaluated.
- Processing is generally completed within 90 days following receipt of all required information.
- Funding follows completion and inspection of the work and review of paid invoices or receipts.