About the Program
The DIA Storefront Façade Grant program provides grant funding for the improvement of storefronts, and, if applicable, second story façades in the Downtown Jacksonville Historic District to activate the streetscape and the overall revitalization of Downtown Jacksonville. This program is focused on physical improvements to the exterior of buildings. Interested parties may receive funding at a maximum amount of $30 per square foot of eligible storefront façade. The grant is capped at 50% of eligible costs, with a maximum grant award of $75,000 per applicant.
The grant is limited initially to the area identified as the Downtown Jacksonville Historic District, as designated by the National Register of Historic Places Program. The footprint of the Historic District is in the Northbank Community Redevelopment Area.
- Meet with a qualified contractor and received a detailed cost estimate on work to be performed
- Submit completed application and required documents to DIAprograms@coj.net.
- Following review, applicant will be notified of (and is encouraged to attend) all DIA meetings where the application will be evaluated
- Processing is generally completed within 90 days following receipt of all required information
- Funding follows completion and inspection of the work and review of paid invoices or receipts
Second Story Facade Eligibility
Only storefront façades with street frontage on a public street are eligible for the program. Storefront Façade refers to the exterior façade of the entire ground floor fronting the sidewalk and public street. The second story of the building may be eligible if the architectural details and construction materials of the second story are most similar to the first story when compared to the rest of the building, or if the building is only two-stories tall.*
*Images used for demonstration purposes only and do not imply approved eligibility.
For more information about this program, please contact:
Steven T. Kelley, DBA
Director of Downtown Real Estate and Development