The City of Jacksonville officially launched a one-year pilot program for e-scooters, e-bicycles and dockless bicycles. Locals and visitors alike can rent and ride electric scooters Downtown via smartphone applications. Scooters can be rented and dropped off 24/7 at 35 designated, geofenced corrals on the sidewalk and out of the way of pedestrians, parked cars or other users. Riders pay $1.00 to unlock the scooters and $0.20 - $0.35 per minute to ride, depending on the vendor (see price points per vendor below).
This program is yet another step towards reclaiming options for pedestrians and bicyclist Downtown by providing healthy, viable and environmentally sustainable transportation alternatives.
Rules of Operation
- Top motor-powered speed of 10 mph when operating on a sidewalk
- Top motor-powered speed of 15 mph when operating in the right-of-way
- All riders are encouraged to wear a helmet when operating an electric scooter
- Riders under 16 must wear a helmet when operating an electric scooter
Dockless Mobility Program Documents
Dockless Mobility Program Vendors
Please note: each vendor smartphone application includes a map identifying the program boundary and corral locations
Dockless Mobility Program Vendors - Safety Protocol
- Blue Duck - $1 to unlock / $0.25 per minute
- Helbiz - $1 to unlock / $0.20 per minute
- LINK - $1 to unlock / $0.25 per minute / $5 deposit (refunded post-ride)
- SPIN - $1 to unlock / $0.35 per minute
- Blue Duck Scooter Safety First: Check this video out for some tips on how to fly safely on Blue Ducks!
- LINK Scooter Safety Tips: LINK is synonymous with safety, collaboration, and responsibility. LINK wants to remind riders to ride responsibly, always wear a helmet, obey traffic laws and signals, always yield to pedestrians, and practice good parking behavior.
- SPIN Safe Digital: Spin Safe Digital provides riders with all you need to know about starting and ending a trip, the rules of the road, and Spin’s COVID-safe sanitation practices to keep riders healthy. Take their safety quiz and earn $5 in ride credit!
For questions, comments or concerns, please contact: